1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on RIO primers?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Scoutman 06, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Active Member

I see the thread on RIO shells is getting varied opinions but how about RIO primers. I use Promo in AA hulls for 1 oz. loads, usually with Win. 209 or Fiocchi primers but have been having trouble obtaining either one. The local shop has a decent supply of RIO's but I can find no reloading data for the components I'm using in Alliant's website & I'm reluctant to experiment. Anyone used these primers successfully in a 1 oz. load? Thanks in advance, John

2. jhunts

jhunts Well-Known Member

http://www.rioammo.com/resources/PrimerReloadData.pdf

3. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

They are larger. Normally when you go to them you have to stay with them until the hull is worn out.

Ajax

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Going back to a primer you can't get is a moot point. Hulls don't last forever.

You might drop a bushing or 1/2 gr if you are worried about it. Unless you are pushing the envelope, no problem.

I buy these 100,000 at a time. Never one failure to fire, hot or cold weather.

5. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

Great primer, use it all the time with Promo. 17.5 to 18.5 grains will make you a fast low recoil load. I shot nearly 60,000 of them in the last couple of years with no problems.

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Rio's are my primer of choice, have shot over 5 sleeves of them

Gary Bryant