1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on Rem 3200?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WarEagle2017, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Skip where are you from ( what State )

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Skip, it never was a safety issue but it provided strength in the receiver where needed with a gun used as much we do with our tournament guns. Yes, you could say it was a flaw but it was taken care of with the update. You will know for certain that the receiver has been updated if you look on the breech face, below the firing pins and see an allen head screw head in each corner. When updated the gun would have a dot stamped between the "O/U" and the serial number under the receiver also. But adding a dot would be a simple way to trick a person so look for the screw heads. The Rem 3200 is a terrific gun for the money they get and, of course, if you can afford more, there are perhaps better guns. However, check the doubles squads; everywhere I shoot, it would be rare to not see at least one 3200 on every doubles squad....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Ok Skip B Dodd gave you the correct info the problem was in the fireing pin bushings, and they recalled them to correct this issue, and like Dodd said above the ones that were repaired were marked by a dot on the bottom of the reciever, the dot appears after the OU and before the serial number ( example OU.222222 ) No dot ( OU 222222 ) I did not know about the screws thanks Bob. The reason that I asked what State you are from is that I am going to buy one tomorrow a Special Trap edition and I did not want you to beat me to it . LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.