1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

QUESTION***ON****REDUCTION********

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hounddog41@charter.net, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

After seeing the threads on the 2 yard reductions. I checked my record with ATA and see that my yardage is now at 20.5 yards according to ATA. My last renewal card says 22.5 yardage, do I have to notify them to get a new card. Can anyone tell by why this was done? Thanks much alex Kotter Jr.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Alex. To make you competitive

3. Chipper77

Chipper77 Member

Looks like you the dump truck showed up again. Merry Xmas Alex.

4. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

Chipper77 whomever you are. You have a great new year. Do I have to get a new card or will they just send me one? thanks alex

5. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

The ATA will send a new card with out you having to do anything.

6. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Always wondered how are you gonna' learn to shoot from longer yardage if you keep going forward??

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

By hitting targets, naturally.

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

If you can't consistently hit the targets from where you are at how do you figure you will hit them from further back?

9. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

If that's the case how'd you get your last punch??? Lucky or a punch for an 85?? By all means move back to the 18 for a refresher course.....after all the ATA knows best.

Problem is many folks don't practice until they're at an ATA tournement and then complain about their scores. (see it all the time) When was the last time
    some of you actually went out and worked on a specific handicap problem? I'm not talking about shooting on Sat or Sun with your friends...that just turns into a social outing. But went out and shot some drills from post 5 or other post for a specific target presentation that you are frequently missing?

If you want to be good....not excel, but to improve it takes some dedication on your part and some practice. Getting a punch and then shooting 1000 targets with below average results and taking the next reduction offer is not helping your game. Practice. Now if you're an "average watcher" and will do anything to keep from hurting your average then by all means take the hit. Practice is the key to shooting consistent/better scores.

Now if you're a "trunk slammer" (it's windy today and I'm not going to damage my average by shooting) by all means throw your junk in the trunk and go home.

10. Cobra Khan

Cobra Khan Member

Can an adult male move closer then the 20 now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.