1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on RCBS Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rjhart01, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjhart01

rjhart01 Member

I have been reloading on a RCBS Grand for 3+ years and when it is working it is great. One of the reasons I bought it is the lifetime warranty and free replacement parts. However when it does break and I call RCBS for those free replacement parts it takes 3-5 weeks to get them. I have called and spoken with the Manager of Customer Service and explained that when you are shooting 3/4 days a week that 3/5 weeks to get parts is a lifetime. All I got from him was a bunch of excuses and a promise to do better which has not happened. I have even volunteered to pay for faster shipping and was told that option was unavailable. Lastly, I have even tried to order multiple parts to build up reserves and am told by customer service personnel, that do not seem very happy to be talking to you, that they cannot do that as I only have one loader. I really hate to be deceptive and say I have 3/4 loaders but I am very frustrated and the down time is a killer. Is anyone else out there having similar issues?
    Thanks

Randy (KY)

2. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Longest I waited was about 10 days. And I literally rebuilt a Grand that I bought used from a person on this site (rooferbob) great guy great transaction. I now have a great working 12ga press. If yours is a 20ga. that might explain some of the wait. I don't think they sold as many of those. What parts do you need? Have you tried Gamaliel or Natchez? they carry some parts. If you keep breaking parts on that press there is probably something else wrong, when the Grand is operating correctly they just don't break.

Chuck

3. pca7ggr

pca7ggr Member

I've had the opposite experience. I sen them an email for the parts I need, order multiples of the "usual suspects" and get them with in two weeks.

Primer not dropping were an issue until I go in the habit of popping a few extra ones down the feed tub. I also put a small plastic cup with velcro attachment under the powder drop to catch powder that occasionally drops through a primer-less hull. I've also learned that the machine will crumpled/crush hulls that with spent/ugly tops. So I now look at each one and toss the "suspect" ones (worn out petals/ugly burnt side).

4. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

My only complaint with dillon is I bought one of their electronic scales It was sopposed to have a life time warranty 9 months later it went on the fritz so when i called dillon thes said they no longer warranted their scales. So I went to rcbs and havent had any problems in 4 years.

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Randy, i have the opposite impression. I have had to call RCBS about Grand parts on 4 or 5 occasions. The only time they sent only the part I asked for was the second time the wad guide broke. They said the new replacement would last forever (so far it has).

When the primer dispensing plastic wore out, I asked for a replacement. I was told it was a very difficult part to replace so they were going to send a complete assembly.

When some of the hull retaining clips and springs wore out, I was told it made no sense to replace just the worn ones. They sent enough clips and springs to replace them all, plus threw in an extra half dozen just in case.

I don't remember which time, but on one of the parts request I was asked if I had changed a specific list of parts. I had not. They told me the had updated the parts and were going to include them as well.

I never had to wait more than 5 days for the parts, and I'm on the opposite coast.

I like RCBS service. I have a Dillon press as well. Their service is good, but not quite as good as RCBS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.