1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on RBL-28

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Gross Man, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

Feb 26, 2007
    I have heard mixed reviews about the RBL-28. I know there were some initial start up problems, but how are they doing now? I would like to know about people's experiences. I am currently shooting an AYA # 2 28" in 28 ga, and was thinking about something heavier. Thanx, Billy
  2. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    I have one with 28" barrels choked IC/MOD. It has a straight stock with a beavertail and single trigger. I did not get the self opener option, the ones I tried with it closed hard to cock the self opening spring. You can disconnect this feature but I see no need for it. I think it will make the gun heavier.
    I love this gun and almost ordered it with the 30" barrels, I am glad I got the 28" barrels and if I were to consider another set of barrels they would be 26". I use this gun for preserve birds over two well trained Brittneys it is a blast!
    If you are considering it for clays and are looking for a heavy gun get the 30" barrels.
  3. dls guide

dls guide Member

May 12, 2008
    I wouldn't own an RBL gun if you gave it to me. I shoot with a a guy who bought an RBL sporting clays 12 ga. a year ago and the gun has been back at Galazans four times for repair and is there now. The gun has been a piece of junk and the makers really don't care. Buy with caution.
  4. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2009
    You should check out doublegunshop.com

lotsa posts there about the RBL's
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.