1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on POI's for MX10, MX2005

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by larrycrismond, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larrycrismond

larrycrismond Member

Sep 7, 2006
    The MX 10 has a 4 notch rib and the MX 2005 has a 5 notch rib. My book says that my MX 10 (adjustable rib top single - same for the RS unsingle) and the 5 notch ribs shoot dead on with the rib in the bottom most rear notch and top most front notch. As you move the rear notch upward and front downward, each notch increment increases the POI approximately 3 1/8 inch, presumably at 40 yards and the comb adjusted to see stacked beads. Thus, according to the book, the highest POI for the 4 notch rib is 9 1/2 inches and 12 5/8 inches for the 5 notch. Remember that raising the comb height is the only way to change the POI since adjusting the rib does not change the barrel alignment.

My MX 10 is in the highest POI position and the comb is high so that I see a lot of rib in order to get the POI (about 18-20 inches) that I need. Tom Wilkinson can cut an extra notch front and back to reduce the amount of rib seen when using a high comb. In Missouri he said that it is $150 per barrel for the extra notches.

Hope this helps.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.