1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on Perazzi MX8

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lbshootin, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

I have an older cat-III (1964- "XX7") MX8 combo 30x34unsingle (serno 38682), The unsingle has a Simmons rib on it, non-adjustable. I would like to get a newer style adjustable rib unsingle barrel for this gun.
    SO, Question: Will a newer cat-IV barrel fit on my reciever? What would I have to upgrade to get an Adj Rib Unsingle barrel to work? What would be the easiest way to get an adjustable rib, maybe just send the gun to Moneymaker??
    Thanks, LarryB

2. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

You can have the forearm hanger resoldered on a newer bbl. so you can use the same wood & forearm iron you now have. You probably would want to have both bbl.s have the same height rib. You could locate a GA unsingle and have Moneymaker add a rib to what ever height you want cheaper than buying a late model bbl. with the factory rib. If you found a GA bbl that someone screwed up the choke, have tubes installed, buy it cheap 'cause of the bad choke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.