1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on MX 2000

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Over-the-Hill, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Over-the-Hill

Over-the-Hill Member

First, I have never owned a Perazzi so I know very little about the various models. I friend has a MX 2000 combo for sale. Has fixed chokes and the select-able trigger. The O/U barrel serial # matches the receiver but the top single # does not. I have shot it but the stock is an inch too short so it was hard to get a real good 1st impression. Are there any inherent problems with this model? Anything else I should know or ask about this gun?
    Thanks,
    OtH

2. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Terrific gun. I've been shooting one for a year or so. Average
    price for a used one ranges from about $5,800.00 to $6,200.00

3. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

From the factory a combo will have one barrel numbered to the receiver and the other barrel one number higher. The top single barrel is from an MX 10 and it will be difficult to get the same sight picture/point of impact without changing the stock height every time you change barrels. I just bought a similar combo and thought I got a good deal for $7500. The barrels alone are worth $2000 to $3000 for each set.

4. Over-the-Hill

Over-the-Hill Member

ebsurveyor, This gun is the fixed rib top single. Is the price you paid for the fixed or adjustable rib?
    Thanks,
    OtH

5. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

combo with adjustable ribs

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

5800-6200 for a 2000 combo? Please show me where.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.