1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on making shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Herman Peterson, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herman Peterson

Herman Peterson TS Member

What liquid works best for dropping shot?

2. revbook

revbook Member

Let me begin by saying that I don't make shot but have heard everything being used from antifreeze to bargain basement fabric softener. Hang on for what is sure to be a variety of responses.

Don in PA

3. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Molten lead.

4. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

walmart pure antifreeze, I made revbooks shot.

jerry

5. Harley Lekvold

Harley Lekvold TS Supporters TS Supporters

Liquid laundry soap and water. 4 parts soap to 1 part water. Very easy cleanup.
    Make sure you use laundry soap, not dish soap. The last part is from dumb experience.

6. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

I use brake fluid. Also a very easy cleanup, as brake fluid is water soluble. I have heard about antifreeze and laundry soap as well, but never had enough problems using brake fluid to need to try something else.

7. plinker611

plinker611 Member

dot 3 for me too,i work in a auto group that has 8 brake flush machines and i get it for free,the stuff in the scrap tank works fine (they re- prime the machine after each use,so 40% in the scrap tank is new fluid),and it rinses off with water,my tank holds 15 gallons,so free is good,mark

8. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Used brakefluid 4 years. Never change it just added more when needed. Easy clean up

9. Trap2sons

Trap2sons Member

I use bargain basement laundry detergent straight and heat it up to about 120 degrees. Washes away and is about 2 bucks a gallon. If I spill or drop some no worries just hose it down.
    Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.