1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question On Joel Etchen #687A/R unsingle comb

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gingerdutch, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gingerdutch

gingerdutch TS Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Does anyone happen to know the Bore size of the new JE #687 combo.
  2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Feb 26, 2007
    The best person that could answer that question would answer the phone if you called (724) 238-0332 or you could ask for Joel and he might be able to help you as well.

If my memory though is somewhat accurately close I think it around .730 give or take a scoonchy or so.
  3. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Aug 15, 2007
    As indicated above, the best source of exact bore size would be Joel Etchen guns of course. But while I am not sure of the exact size (tho I bought one of these combos at the last Grand American), they use the Beretta 682 Gold E barrels, which are over bored. They are the Beretta "Optima" target bore, and use the Beretta Optima chokes (Beretta has three bore sizes: the Field "mobil choke bore, the field over bore "Optima Plus" choke system, and the target over bore "Optima" choke bore). Beretta lists the Optima bore size as 0.732
  4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    My son's 687 SPII combo's single barrel has a bore diameter of .733" and the O/U barrels are both .731". For more info, the gun test I did on that gun can read at the URL above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.