1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

question on hi-vis magni-comp

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by claybuster77, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claybuster77

claybuster77 Member

Does anyone have any feedback regarding this sight.Dad wants to try one on his
    682 gold E. He has had trouble whith hard lefts that he corrected by squinting
    his left eye. He is a right eye dominate two eyed shooter.
    Thanks, Dan

2. claybuster77

claybuster77 Member

3. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Claybuster77, I`ll give you another bump, I`m also interested in some info on these.

Tom R.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Im not sure of how well these work? OK so the sight remains bright as long as your shouldered side eye stays lined up with the sight, correct. Now if you are left eye dominate shooting RH what keeps your eyes from crossfire after you call for target and start tracking? Also seeing this sight flashing when you start moving around tracking targets maybe more of a distraction? I would ask around locally to see if anyone has tried them, maybe you could borrow them. So far the best sollution for me is the dots on the lens. When I first started shooting trap I had a hard time with bead/bird and double vission with both eyes open. (im LH shooter Leye Dom) I would put the dot on for a few rounds then off for a few rounds. Now its very comfortable to just shoot with both eyes open with no tape. I would try the blocking the lense with the dots or small piece of scotch tape.

5. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Mac, I`ve tried the dot on the lens, no good for me, I use an easyhit now but I was wondering about the HI-VIZ, because I can`t find easyhits anymore.

As for left eye crossover, if you keep your cheek on the stock only the shoulderd eye will see the dot. Also with the easyhit there was never any sight flashing, again as long as you kept your cheek on the stock, if you don`t see the bead, your not mounted correcly.

Tom R.

6. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Mac, One more thing , I don`t know if Dan has seen your reply, but I`d like to say thanks for the post.

After seeing how many replies there were to a thread about sardines, and none to a question about shooting, I was wondering if the site had changed to the food chanel.

Tom R.

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I was watching the video at the hi vis web site. Have to try everything. I just can not figure out how this helps with cross dominate shooters?

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Yeah know ,I have been thinking of a new front site, 3 rings. 1 to the left of center for leading right hand targets center for straights right of center for left hand targets. Just get the target in the ring and pull trigger and follow through. Would this work? It might. When I get off my game I just remember some bird hunting tips I was given as a kid. Shoot where it aint. ButBellyBeakBang. eyes,move,gun,shoot. Its for bird hunting with a field gun but i feel its the same dynamic. When I first started trap I could not hit a thing premounting the gun. I had to low mount like hunting Until I got used to it.

9. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Mac, The way it works for me is I can keep both eyes open yet only my right eye sees a dot. I don`t consentrait on the bead but I can pick it up as I line up on the bird, yet my left eye sees no dot.

It dosen`t happen all the time, but smetimes I actually see 2 birds, when this happens I follow the one with the green dot near it, sounds strange, and my explanation probably isn`t very clear, but the easyhit works for me.

I plan on another gun purchase soon, and like I said earlier I can`t find easyhit sights.

Tom R.

10. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Just caught your last post. Thats how some antiaircraft sihgts were set up, might work.
    As for the low mount, same here, learned to shoot on pheasents, and grouse, in WNY.

Tom R.

11. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

You may also want to consider the Vari-Brite-Site III go to http://www.gamaliel.com
    and the Easy Hit Fiber Optic Shotgun Shooting Sight at http://www.exploreproducts.com and http://www.championtraget.com and in case you wanted an add on rib including a sight go to http://www.keensights.com

All of the above sights are only seen by the shoulder eye.

12. claybuster77

claybuster77 Member

Thanks guys, anyone out there actually insalled one of these sights? how well
    do they fit the rib? Seems like they are one size fits all. Tom you hit the
    nail on the head with "the Food Channel" made me laugh.
    Dan

13. claybuster77

claybuster77 Member

14. Chris

Chris TS Member

Click on the above!

Chris

15. Lkn4rocks

Lkn4rocks TS Member

claybuster77 ..... The MagniComp sight from Hi-Vis does work for cross eyed shooters. As a right hand cross eyed shooter, this sight is the only one that has helped me consistently break targets. Do a search on TS.com and you will find that this topic was discussed in length some time back. If you find the right thread it may even tell you the least expensive dealer to contact. The website URL above will take you to the Hi-Vise page for this sight for in depth explanations.

16. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

The comp sight works great for day time and is not to bright, but a night under the lights it can be useless, the sight disappears. At times all I could see was the reflection of the glass. 10tenner

17. Sero

Sero Member

Not sure but if you refering to the magnetic Hi Vis sights I have them on two 101 Diamond grades and I love them.
    They are great when mounting the gun and getting set and once the bird is in the air without taking my eye off the bird I somehow NEVER loose my relationship with the sight but without actually distracting me.
    I think the best testimony I can give is that probably more than a dozen better shooters than myself (I'm simply a mid to high 90 shooter at 22 yard)have asked to to try them both on my guns and put on theirs and I know of 6 or 7 that have converted to them and are still using them.
    I prefer the hot green color over the hot red.
    Hope this is a help and hope I'm talking about the same thing you are asking about.
    John Seroczynski
    Valparaiso, IN.

18. Sero

Sero Member

To 10 Tenner
    Not sure which color you have tried but if you have not tried the Hot Green at night try it.
    It works great in the daytime and I think even better at night.
    Just a thought for what it's worth.
    Seroczynski

19. claybuster77

claybuster77 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

magnicomp or easy hit shotgun