1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on Gun ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ljutic111, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I have a Armi Gnali Prestige 12ga O/U . Made in Italy . Barrel markings are Acciaio Breda B4 . Must be Mod and Full since there is a Star on top barrel and 3 stars on lower barrel . Has 2 triggers and in very good condition . I assume it is a field gun ?? Can anyone add something to this as to the value or dependability ? Thanks in advance .

2. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Still waiting ???

3. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

What little a could find is in Italian.

but "1955 to 1960" and "Gardone" the little I can make since out of.

Put the manufacture Place and maybe date, into the center, of the what my mentors refer to as the Italian cottage industry of firearms manufacture.

Maruchi recently, Universal in the late 70 and early 80's brought in very similair models that while maybe not up to Berretta, in looks and finish, pretty good firearms.

This is not concrete, but more then a WAG

The above mentioned names, in my experreince are very reliable.

Depending on location, from about what the current turkish made shotguns sell for to just below entry level Berretta, for value.

AL

4. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Thanks Al , could anyone else add to this . I later looked it over and assessed it about 98% with only 2-3 small dings in the stock . The barrels are 26" with only 1 bead . I doubt if it has been used much ?

5. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I`d like to get more info and price . I did a search and found little on it ?

6. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dennis

The Acciaio Breda simply means "Breda Steel". Societa' Ernesto Breda was a large steel making concern, having Blast Furnaces, Rolling Mills, etc; similar to Vickers or Krupp, they also made Artillery, Locomotives,Rolling stock, heavy machinery, and Small Arms (mostly Machine Guns and small machine cannon). Their steel was also supplied to other Italian Gunmakers for use in barrels,receivers and parts. Just as "Kruppstahl" was a German mark of quality steel in gunbarrels for the civilian market, "Acciaio Breda" had the same significance in Italian Sporting Guns.
    The exact type of steel is "B-4", --- chrome-steel barrels ("canone chrome").

The Gun itself was made by "Fabbrica Nazionale D'Armi, SRL" or translated, "National Arms Factory,(private company)" a common usage name for a group of small gunmakers acting as a joint venture under a private corporate structure.
    Most shotguns out of Italy have always been made by small firms or individuals; and the actual name on the gun as maker sometimes is but an "assembler", as the individual components may be made by several suppliers. Only the larger companies such as Beretta, Pedrazzini, etc, have large, integrated factories making all components and assembling them under "the one roof" by skilled gunmakers.
    In the Industrial Register of Gardone Val Trompia (home of Beretta etc) there are 106 ( 2005 count)individual gunmaking concerns, most of them family or one-man operations.

7. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Found this one....... GaryL.

8. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Thanks Doug , thats more info but not a referrence on price and Gary , the gun was probably made in the early 80`s and it`s hammerless not what is shown on that site but thanks anyway . As Doug said the barrel material was listed as early as the hammer gun .

9. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

I had a Breda o/u in 20 ga, the star is full, three is ic...I hunted pheasant over my Springer with it, a short 7/8 ounce of sixes in the bottom, and an ounce and a quarter of copper sixes in the top full. Got quite a few long risers with that top barrel.

Breda also made some strange autoloaders.

Wish I still had my 20

10. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

I believe Armi Gnali is,or was,one of the cottage maker in the Val Trompia.We saw a 4 barrel skeet set by them at our club in the early to mid '80s.Very well done,pretty much a Beretta 680 clone.

11. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Can any of you gun shop owners give me any price or if this gun may be worth buying . Definitely not for trap but it seems like a fine field gun for someone .

12. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Come on guys , there must be something else you can tell me of this gun . Couldn`t find anything else on the internet except what is posted above ?? Don`t tell me I have in my possession the only one made ?? I wish I could post a picture , it is really a nice looking gun . Like to know a price .

13. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dennis

The best I could tell it's worth 28 dollars. I will bring 30 to the club Wednesday and take it off you're hands.

Seriously though, bring it to the club Wed and I will take a picture and post it here.

Doug

14. Hauser

Hauser Member

Contact William Larkin Moore in Scottsdale.

http://www.williamlarkinmoore.com/

Jerry Hauser

15. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

It's a generic 'guild gun' - a 'hardware store' gun if you will, competing with counterparts from Eibar, Birmingham and Gardone.

$250 - $800, with 5 or 6 being a fair price to both parties.

Bob

16. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Thanks for some of the answers . This is more than a cheap gun by the looks of it . Dicks has cheap guns and this is way beyond them in my opinion . I may be putting it up for sale in a few months ?? Possibly with a few pictures that we took . I would prefer to go thru our club and members first .

17. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Just pray that a part doesn't break or you need service. Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

acciaio breda b4

arcadia breda prestige shotgun

armi gnali

armi gnali prestige

armi gnali shotguns
breda acciaio 12ga value