1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on gun transfers

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Doug Brown, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Our local Pheasants Forever Chapter holds a banquet each year & gives away 5-6 guns. We have a local gun dealer who fills out the yellow sheets, before they take the gun. Unfortunately we are forced to pay full blown retail for all the guns, thus handicapping our fund raising. We can buy the guns below wholesale from PF & I know of a couple of FFL holders, who will get them to us for nothing. Could a PF Committee person sign for the guns & then make a simple transfer sheet to the new owner? Any other ideas? Thanks

2. Lobo

Lobo TS Member

Surely you have a friendly dealer in your PF or area. I ALWAYS handled DU, QU for nothing. I liked the goodwill and traffic. They usually tipped my office girl a fiver for helping them. Do not fool with the FEDS or get in a position of dealing. 4473 the guns out if they want to display them and deliver them from the dealer to the final winner with a 4473, no exceptions. Someone may have yelled too loud at his wife and have a domestic and you have just violated Federal law. We just don't dare give the gun grabbers any ammunition. NRA says there is a United Nation movement to get a ban WORLD wide on personal held firearms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.