1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Question on Etiquette" got me thinking

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

Clearly, the incident was a breach of etiquette. The discussions brought to mind the occasions when someone accidentally picks up another shooter's gun and proceeds to the line. I have yet to see anyone go through with it, to actually shoot a different gun. It seems that shooters are intimately associated with their own guns to the point where just the "feel" of a different one causes them to stop before they take aim.

Of course, I know that this isn't a 100% rule. Some shooter, someplace will pick another gun and shoot it. Still, I'm intrigued that so many of us seem to know our own guns so well. In the end, though, it isn't just about our guns, but about most of the things close to us.

Larry

2. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Grandpa.
    Your post reminds me of back in the day when I dated a twin...........

Oops!!! It was an honest mistake.......Honest!!!!!

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

BT99s and XTs at one time dominated our racks, where on occasion - members would accidentally use anothers' gun, but left an equally nice firearm for their use (lol)... to the point we took one of those P-Touch label makers and made labels for the receivers... something I still do...

Unless you really took the time to look at the receiver or peer down the muzzle and observed the markings of the choke tubes (compounded as many used the same tubes) in our limited situation, some were so hurried to get out on the line, you grabbed the gun that really looked like yours!

The other day, the club was rocking, the rack was packed... I had my grandson's 24" Nova Pump... some guy grabbed it instead of his 12 gauge... got out the door and realized the mistake... in my mind, how do you mistake a 12 for a youth 20 - obviously the youth model is smaller... I'll give a break for honest confusion...

best regards,

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.