1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on current AVERAGE Calucalation.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ronbo142, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Question on current AVERAGE Calculation.

I am working on my EXCEL SPREAD SHEET and have a question on singles and doubles.<BR>

From what I am getting out of the rule book a shooter will base his or her AVERAGE on the LAST 1000 targets shot. Is that the appropriate method?

The HANDICAP committee will then look at this average and performance and base his or her decision on how to class the shooter based upon his experience and information provided him by the shooter.

Ronbo

2. 870

870 Well-Known Member

For ATA, NO. Base it on targets shot year to date.

3. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

The the 1000 target is like a minimum for qualifing for the BIG shoots?

Ronbo

4. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Ronbo:

The 1000 target issue is part of the suggestion for classifiers to use in determining known ability. The shooter must keep his card up to date with his average for the entire target year. The classifier may choose to use just the average on the last 1000 targets for classification purposes, but that does not affect how the shooter maintains his card.

Many times this is simply looking at the last 10 scores on the card and getting an idea of how the shooter has been shooting. Unless software calculates it, I don't think any classifier actually figures out an exact average for the last 1000 targets very often.

Big shoots will normaly have minimum target requirements that have to be met, otherwise you may be classified at a higher class or yardage than your normal class or yargage.

5. Dale Z

Dale Z TS Member

If you click on the target that says "Online Info" on trapshooters.com home page there is a download program for excel for your trap shooting averages. "Trap Diary Calculator" nice program it automatically calculates your averages. However with all the discussion on this web lately about "Average" I'm not even sure what to put down on my score card. I would think the average percentage of targets hit.

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

PITA uses the average of the last 1000 targets but in ATA the average is based on target year starting September 1st.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.