1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

question on caesar guerini

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SPACE GUN, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

My brother-in-law bought a used C.G. from jaqua's at the cardinal shoot. he later noticed he did not have a wrench for the exttended choke tubes, He called jaqua's and was told that a choke tube wrench was not needed for that type of tube. Is that possiable if so how do you get them tight. I have a feeling jaqua's just did't want to mess with it. Thanks for any information.

2. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

No wrench needed, finger tighten. Jaquas is right.

3. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

No choke tube comes with a new C/G. I have a Carlson Wrench 12 Ga. that compresses the black rubber hose. I have not needed it.
    All this new fangled equipment. I understand. Those extended tubes are very nice !!!

Joe Woods/Ontario

4. Logan_p

Logan_p TS Member

When I bought my Caesar Guerini I got a choke wrench.. Its a tapered piece that fits inside the choke and it also has a thread cleaner for the barrel.. There is a photo of them on the Caesar guerini website.

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

No need, just make sure you lube and clean the tubes often along the full lenght of the tube, not just the threads, use the provided thread cleaner for the interior barrel threads often.

Every 20-30 shells fired, I check for hand tightness while changing stations, rarely, I turn a fraction, but check anywhoo...

20k through my CG and the tubes have never seen a wrench.

6. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

my new cg didnt come with a wrench for the tubes..

7. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

At first Caesar Guerini did not provide a wrench for the extended tubes...they now do. True that it may be that finger tight is good, many shooters like to have the tool (a must for senior vets who have some arthritis issues...) There are a number of choke tube wrenches that will work with them that are either the tapered type or the expanding rubber type. The factory original has the thread chaser/cleaner that is handy when cleaning. As with all choke tubes remove and lubricate after using as condensation can form and rust them tight!

Thanks to all my CG customers!

Bob Schultz

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I have had 4 new CG and they have not had a choke tube wrench, Mine do not come loose finger tightening them, but I also use CMD Grease on the threads.

Jaquas told you the truth.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.