1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

question on BT99 rib height

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by acss, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

we have a 1978 bt99 pigeon grade 32"- is the rib height on that barrel the same as all others???? wud like to source an additional barrel to have backbored and dont want to alter original-- where can i find one???? wally riebesell 660-744-4115

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

In 1976 Browning came out with the BT-99 Competition model that had a higher rib and fatter forend. The rib was higher than the earlier beavertail forend guns and current BT99's but not as high as the BT100 or BT99 Max.

3. jabrlin

jabrlin TS Member

Sir: there are at least 4 different rib heights on BT 99 then 32 & 34 in barrels. I think I might be able to help you out if you want to call me.
    I have a 32 in BT 99 Pigeon. My tel #is 507-629-4495. jabrlin

4. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Hi Wally, Forget the barrel with a daughter so pretty I would start practicing driving at night with the lights out! The wolfs will surly be at your door if not there already.

Buddy

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

thankyou i am very proud of her ---- we have just added 1/2" of moleskin to raise the comb ( carrol lance suggested we play with poi before putting an adj comb on)-- NOW i want to consider for a winter project getting a barrel @ 20-25 thousands and bored??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.