1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on BT-99 Release Trigger?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Easystreet, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I need some info about a release trigger for a BT-99 which I may be purchasing. If I purchase the gun, I'll need to have the pull trigger converted to a release trigger. Are the trigger assemblies on a BT-99 removable or are they a fixed part of the action frame like on a Citori?

If they are removable, then I assume I could just purchase a used release trigger assembly and swap it for the pull trigger assembly that's currently in the gun. If they are not removable, then I assume I would have to send it off to someone to have the release parts properly installed.

Can someone shed some light on this? BTW, what is the approximate cost of either a release trigger assembly (if they are removable), or how much does it cost to get a pull trigger converted to a release trigger on a BT-99?

Oh, one more question. Would a trigger assembly from an earlier model (late '70's) BT-99 fit into a later model BT-99 gun and vice versa?

Thanks for any info.

Easystreet

2. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

It is possible to put release parts in your gun they do come out of the frame. The problem is they are matched to the hammer and sear so all those parts have to be changed. It is easyer to just have a release converted to the gun you are buying for best results I have swiched complete triggers with hammers and sears from one BT to another but all the parts are matched so a complete switch of all parts is necessary. When converting from a release to a pull you can just remove the release hook and it will work however the trigger weight may be off and need adjustment for your needs. I am a big fan of the BT purchased a hi end single and use the BT as a back up gun other than the joy of a hi end gun they shoot the same I shoot the BT as well as the hi end gun I do not regret doing this I like my newer gun but it was not necessary at all just an itch scrached.
    Buddy

3. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Buddy,

I'm not sure I followed you on everything you said in your post. If I understand you correctly, then it is possible to switch release trigger parts from one BT-99 to another, but it involves the switching of ALL the trigger parts. Correct? If so, how difficult is it for the average guy to do this switching of parts? I have some experience at swapping parts on firearms, but I'm not a gunsmith.

Also, do you have any idea of the costs on this? Thanks for the info.

Easystreet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bt 99 pull trigger assembly
bt 99 release hammer

bt 99 trigger assembly

bt99 trigger assembly