1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on BT-100 Leo's Special

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rodbuster, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Question on BT-100 Leo

I was curious if anyone has any info on the BT-100 Leo's Special? Did they come in a blued receiver model with engraving? How many of them were made, and when were they made?

Thank you for your time, Rodbuster.

2. tomlsoe

tomlsoe Member

They made 100 of them and to my knowledge none with a blued reciever. They are all numbered from "1" to "100" As for the time they were made I don't know the exact date of mfg.

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

there were a couple versions ..100 of each one was all stainless and the other was coin finish receiver and blued barrels

4. letts

letts TS Member

I have what I beleave to be a Leo BT 100. Engraved, gold inlay and blued with number on lever.

Letts

5. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Check your PM

6. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Good evening hunter44, I checked my PM but didn't see anything. Are you saying that you sent me a PM?

Thank you everyone for the replies. The only pic that I found on the 'net was a silver receiver with engraving, and a few gold inlays. It appeared to have a blued barrel also. Does anyone have any idea of values for these shotguns? I couldn't find anything in the bluebook. If these guns are rare, would that affect their value?

Thank you, Rodbuster.

7. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I am going to look at one today, I will see what info I can get on these shotguns from the owner.

8. shootgood

shootgood Member

Rodbuster, The Leo's BT-100 was available in many different forms. The engraved and gold inlayed version was he highest grade available and came with upgraded wood in either monte carlo or ajd. comb (wood equal to grade 6), I have never seen an engraved and gold inlayed blued model, only stainless and coin receiver models. The only blued versions that I have seen had a standard reciver with a # on the tang and upgraded wood. The exact number produced is hard to say. I looked for over 5 years until I found a NIB Leo's BT-100. I was told that only 100 of the engraved models were made, I am not sure of the total number with the plain recievers. The Leo'S BT-100'S are more rare than the BT-99's and if you find one for a good price you should grab it. As far as your question on value, I paid $3200 for my NIB coin finished Leo's BT-100 and thought I did good. I know that that is a lot of money, but I wanted one for so long and they are almost impossible to find NIB. I have seen them go used for as low as $2400 used heavily to as high as $3600 used, but in good condition. The only other NIB engraved Leo's BT-100 that I have seen was at the Grand (Wright's had it) and it had the coin finished reciver and thumb hole stock. I passed on the gun b/c of the stock and kicked myself. I called him later and it was gone, that gun was $2800. I have seen the model with the standard receiver and upgraded wood sell for $1600 used. These guns are beautiful, and I feel a lot of gun for the $, but to some people, they are just a pretty BT-100 (and they can't justify spending over $2k). I think the guns will hold their value and even appreciate a little, but don't buy it to make money. If you would like pics, e-mail me and I will try and send you some. Good luck on your possible purchase if that is your plan. --Shoot good

9. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Thank you shootgood, I am kind of on the fence about the one I looked at. I have two BT-100's already, and I think that I would have to sell one in order to justify purchasing a Leos. I have sent you a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.