1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on Beretta 390

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jtf650, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtf650

jtf650 Member

I haven't done it myself, but if you're talking about the bolt at the back end of the recoil spring tube, I have read that it is seriously loctited (is that a word?). Heat is needed to break it loose.

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Sure, I've changed several of the recoil springs on 390's. Remove the buttstock and place the receiver in a padded vise.

Then apply a little heat to the threaded plug at the rear end of the recoil spring tube. A cigarette lighter for several (8 to 10) seconds should do the job. Basically, this is to loosen the Loc-Tite that is on the threads.

Use a good fitting wrench to remove the plug. Be careful removing it (about 5 or 6 threads as I recall) because the spring is compressed and it will fly out of there. Wear safety glasses to protect your eyes.

Easystreet

3. smallgroups

smallgroups Member

As EasyStreet said above. Also take a look on the Shotgun World forum "I love my Beretta" and look up Seamus O'Caiside or Disassembly of Beretta 391. Jim (Seamus) has a great book with pictures that he has put together. It covers everything Beretta 390/391. Most of the book is on the web but his book is only about $15 and it has become a fixture on the shelf in my gun room.

Charlie

4. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Clean the tube and follower, then loctite plug back. GOOD LUCK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.