1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

question on A5 Browning 20 mag

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by striper, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

I have owned this gun since early 80s and it is still 98% but I have someone interested in buying the gun. I still have the original box and manual. I was wondering did the barrels have the same serial number as under the receiver? If not I was sold a gun with no matching serial number. I never cared before but it could effect the value. I also purchased a after market skeet barrel belgium made . It is a 26 inch and I could never no matter how I arranged the friction ring and spring get it to eject like the factory barrel. Could it be due to the lighter weight of the barrel. If any one has any ideas as to why it will not eject low base shells I would like some ideas. I have never tried to shoot magnum shells in the skeet barrel. BTW both barrels will shoot steel. TY

2. new loader

new loader Member

The numbers won't match. You have to go way back to get a matching barrel number. Check the thickness of the barrel ring compared to the Jap barrel. If it is thicker, it may be rubbing the inside of the forearm upon recoil.

3. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer TS Member

Ty, by chance did you forget to change the friction rings? Bill

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

1500 dollar gun, in excellent shape. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.