1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on 16ga wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by birddog1964, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

Does anybody know of a Manufacture for a 8 pedal wad for 16ga, I have looked but can't seem to find one. They may not even exist I just thought I would ask my friends here at TS.com and have a great and glorious day.

lee

2. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

Does anybody know of a Manufacture for a 8 pedal wad for 16ga, I have looked but can't seem to find one. They may not even exist I just thought I would ask my friends here at TS.com and have a great and glorious day.

lee

3. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

I used to use 20 GA wads for all my 16's. Worked fine and eliminated the frustration of trying to find 16 GA components.
    Most 16's have fairly tight bores and the wad cup of a 20 GA wad will expand to fit and seal to the bore of a 16 just fine.

Kiv

4. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

doggai,

I had looked at downrange but didn't see 16ga 8 pedal wads, that's really what I was wanting but did not see a dealer that had them and thanks for the help with the hulls they are on there way.lol

lee

5. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Precision Reloading has the DRA16 wads for $16.50/500. They are a 4 petal wad. They also have the Rem 16ga wads in stock.

Bob

6. skipsor

skipsor Member

I'm not sure why you want an 8 petal wad but if you want an excellent 7/8 oz. wad the Downrange DR 16 wi work very well for you.

7. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

What hull are you planning to use and what's the payload?

BPI has the largest selection of 16ga wads.

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

birddog1964, it fails me to wonder why you need an 8 petal wad but if so why not make your own simpling by slitting each petal of a standard design?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.