1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on 1100 Remington

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by stainlessbt99, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stainlessbt99

stainlessbt99 TS Member

Will stocks from 20 ga. and 12 ga. interchange?
    Thanks

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    12ga stocks will fit the 20ga that's built on the 12ga action. These 20ga guns have been discontinued for almost three decades.<br>
    <br>
    The 20ga guns built on the 28ga action (LW-20, LT-20 and the 1187 20ga) will interchange stocks.<br>
    <br>
    The main difference is that the stock tenon that enters the back of the receiver on the 12ga guns is larger than the tenon on the (modern, smaller) 20ga guns.<br>
    <br>
    It is possible to reduce the size of the tenon on a 12ga stock so it will fit the smaller 20ga receivers. I have done this so I could put a monte carlo stock on a 20ga gun.<br>
    <br>

3. buddy123

buddy123 Guest

Brian in Oregon,

Would you be kind enough to explain the differences between the LW-20 and the LT 20?
    Second question ...do you know if barrels are interchangable ?

Thanks for any information which may be provided.

Pete Giddings-Canada

4. Rokamo

Rokamo TS Member

I also am considering fitting a 12 Ga stock to a new 20Ga 1187. How, exactly, did you do this ??? It seems as though one could slowly cut down the size of the stock tennon and the outside dimensions of the grip with chisels and sand to a close fit ????

Rokamo

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Pete, geez, this fell off the page and I didn't see it.....<br>
    <br>
    The LW-20 has a short tang on the barrel. The LT-20 has a long tang on the barrel.<br>
    <br>
    Visually, the LW-20 has a symetrical ejection port. The LT-20 has an assymetrical ejection port - the rear of the port is taller than the front of the port.<br>
    <br>
    Gander Mountain gun smithing services can machine an LT-20 tang down to an LW-20 profile for a reasonable price, something like $50 to $70. For many LW-20 owners, this is the only way to get barrels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.