1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on 1100 Competition adj comb....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Can the adjustable comb on the Rem 1100 Competition be tilted so it is parallel to the bore? Or must it remain sloped down towards the rear at any height?

2. Hippo

Hippo TS Member

Yes, it can be tilted parrallel to the bore. That is how I have mine set up. Six spacers in the back, two in the front.

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

24str8 ... dang your an idiot, do you know what you speak of or are you just flippin your fingers on the keyboard to see if your thoughts appear on the screen?

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model_1100/model_1100_competition_specs.asp

Sure looks like its has an option to come with an adjustable comb to me.

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Brian ... yes you can adjust it in almost any direction, uppy, downy, lefty, righty, cantedly forwardy or backwardy ... it is up to you as to which way you adjust it to fit you as long as its within the total allowed adjustability factors of the comb.

Adjust away and good shooting.

5. Over-the-Hill

Over-the-Hill Member

I never thought of canting comb to get it level. I just "assumed" there would not be enough play in the posts to do that. I checked mine and with 3 spacers in the front and 5 in the rear, the front of the comb is even with the top of stock. The rear of the comb is still about 1/16" low (from being parallel)but it's not that noticable. My post is not high enough to get a 6th washer on it. Hippo may be using different washers. I used the ones that came with the gun.
    Marion D.

6. Hippo

Hippo TS Member

Marion, You can place one more spacer below the brass washer.

7. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

No, you really can not move the front and rear of the comb independently from each other. Maybe slightly but not much.

I have a new Adj. comb stock and forend set, and a barrel with CT's for an 1100 Competition. If someone was interested I might be persuaded to part with them. cls

8. Over-the-Hill

Over-the-Hill Member

Hippo, See another thing I never thought about. That's why I'll never be an inventor. Thanks I'll try it. I could use one more spacer to get it just right.
    Marion D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.