1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for web-based businesses

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by crusha, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Doh!

2. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

I use wyomingnetwork.com

Address:
    3001 Henderson Suite P
    Cheyenne, WY 82001

Phone:
    Toll Free:

They did my website with guidance from me and they have access to a secure site which for me took 2 different sites to process- cartmanager.com and yourpay.com although if you are unsure of volume you might be better off with paypal I am happy with their service and their fees are resonable

3. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

Unless he has already completed a test market, I would suggest going to ebay first to determine market. Cost is minimal and global site.

Regards

4. chuckles

chuckles Member

Denny, tell him to try the Yahoo Small Business Site....everything including Domain Name is there, it is super simple, cheap at $12 a month to have up...

regards

5. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Denny,

Lots of outfits sell domain names at varying prices. I transferred mine to tritekk.net and a fellow named, Freddie Thomas in the Philadelphia area.

He is also the one who makes any changes on my website but overall, offers very poor service in that he misses promised deadlines, has to have changes in graphics done by someone else and has created other problems, several of which I'm still waiting for him to repair.

There are lots of people who design websites and outfits that offer software that supposedly makes it easy to create a website yourself, which I haven't tried. The challenge of having someone design a website or doing it yourself is knowing what will be most effective. How the site is laid out or designed has a lot to do with how effective it will be.

There are tutorials on the Internet about website design that may be helpful but no accurate way to determine the effectiveness of a particular site design. If the money is available, I would suggest your friend choose a well known site designer and follow their suggestions.

Otherwise, he might also contact virtualave.net that did my first website. They were good people to get along with and very competent. I'm sure their services have expanded since I stopped using them four or five years ago when I bought a domain.

Your neighbor will also need a good photographer. Photographs of the calls he sells will be necessary. Hopefully he knows more about computer graphics than I do. Tell him I have CorelDraw Graphics Suite that I would lend him if he has any use for it.

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.