1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

** QUESTION FOR TRON **

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nicky, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicky

nicky Member

Tron, Hope you can shed some light on this. I purchased a 2007 ford freestyle, upon inspecting serviceable items I discovered there is no dipstick for the cvt trans. fluid level. After further looking I noted that the drain plug looks to be a plug/stand tube fluid level tube where fluid is pumped in (much like a outdive on a merc.i/o) is this the case?. I phoned the local dealership and they replied if there was a fluid leak or if needed checking, the unit would have to be drained and a machine is used to "meter" in the correct amount of fluid. I advised them though I'm not a ford service tech. I felt I could handle a fluid check having been a nascar carchief and later crewchief but they advised i should bring it to them. Also noted the door skins seem to be very thin 24/26 ga ?. For others reading this post the freestyle with awd is overall very impressive for what it is being a crossover suv. I think ford missed the boat by not pushing them. Thank's , Kevin

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Yes, there is a dipstick, but, you need to either lift it in the air or get underneith the vehicle somehow. It is short and stumpy, located in the front of the tranny. This is also where you fill it. You MUST use "Continuously Variable Chain Type" Ford fluid.

Yeah, they're not bad cars. They do have really crappy rear brakes though. For some reason, we just can't sell those things at gun point.

Tron (NOT gay)

3. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Prince-of Barkness sounds to be gay just by the name. By that I'm sure he can make change for 3 dallor bill.

4. Tron

You got that one right Garg. He's just mad because I don't answer his constant flirty Emails or comment on his forwards from the gay rights lobies. You can almost hear his lisp resonating from the computer screen.

Tron.

5. Tron

Not even a little bit. You mis spelt "your", you meant "you're".

Tron.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

He likes the male threads on fasteners a lot better.

HM

7. nicky

nicky Member

Tron, Thank's for info. , Kevin , other's have a good day and keep in touch with yourself.

8. unioncracker

unioncracker Member

Don't know if this gay thing toward tron is just kidding so I thought. Moma always said it is hard to see in yourself what you see in others. For those wanting to point out what they see in others. Maybe when I have a question about a vehicle he can help. Sounds like an intelligent man.

Pearl

9. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Prince of darkness, I know what bearings you love. Those are the NEEDLE BEARINGS. It reminds of you of yourself when you look down.

10. Hanktheduece

Hanktheduece TS Member

Come on guys, its Friday. Stop picking on my little buddy Tron. While Tron is most definitely a left wing liberal stop picking on him. He has ways of getting even. You'll never know what hit you.
    Duece

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.