1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for Tron...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Don Nelson, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don Nelson

Don Nelson Member

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. It just dies
    from time to time. The first time I poured water on the crank
    sensor and it started right up. Second time it started up on its own in about 15 to 20 min. Both times it has set codes P0351, P0352, and P0353. Should I be looking at a new PCM with the intergrated module. Thanks Don

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Yeah, seen a lot of these. You need a PCM and coil pack. The PCM screwed up the coil pack, you need to replace both. It's covered under what's called an "SO7" warranty for 8 years, 80000 miles.

I hope that helped.

Tron.

3. Don Nelson

Don Nelson Member

Hey tron i called the local ford dealer they said they didnt know anything about the s07 can you give me some more info to jog their memory thanks Don Nelson

4. Tron

That's all the info that you need. It's called SO7, we do it all of the time. You need to talk to someone that knows what the hell they are talking about. If under 80000, it's covered.

Tron.

5. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Sounds like the dealer does not WANT to know anything about the S07. If they do know aything about the S07 its going to cost them money. We would not want them to go out of buisness now would we?

6. Tron

You're probably right Garg. They are going to want (and...rightfully so) to check it out for themselves. They are not going to take anyone's word for it (also, rightfully so). BUT, when they come up with the same conclusion, it shouldn't cost you anything.

Speak to the service manager.

7. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Hey Don, Just go in and tell them that you know that the PCM is covered by an 8 year/80,000 mile warranty and just fix it

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.