1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for Trap shooters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by unplugged, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unplugged

unplugged Active Member

Today some Sporting Clays shooters were at a club that had a calcutta for trap.
    We wandered over to watch the local "Hall of Fame" trap shooter in action.
    As I watched it seemed the only "slow pulls" he recieved were when it was a wide right from station 5!! Why is station 5 wide right so often a SLOW PULL??

2. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Because it can be.

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Were they shooting voice release?

4. missed some

missed some TS Member

Not many fish in that pool. take out the backlash and try casting again

5. Shawn

Shawn Member

The subtle art seems to be a thing of the past.

We need Tron to hold a class.

Come on Joe show these guys how to set a hook.

Shawn McNeil

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

It's because the flight angle and timely release of the alleged slow pulls were observed by sporting clays shooters.

Sporting clays shooters are wannabe trapshooter's but could not compete any higher than B Class, thus moved over to sporting clays where they and their budroes can call targets for one another, slap each other on the tookus's and choose an excuse from a burgeoning plethoria as to why they missed so many.

Curt

FEAB9

7. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Oh Heck, Maybe Just Maybe That Shooter Does No "Like" Hard Rights. Oh NO He would NOT turndown a hard to hit Target-- Would He ????? MAYBE SO. joe90t

8. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

So a straight-away from post 1 is slow too? They are the same target.

Wayne

9. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Funny I've seen many sporting clays shooters wander over to a trap field and break 100 X 100 many times. I have yet to see any trap shooter of any reputation shoot 100 X 100 on any sporting course let alone in any competition.
    Joe

For get setting the hook get out the gaf.

10. jd8820

jd8820 TS Member

why don't these superstar sporting clay shooters come on over and cleanup at our easy game. You can't tell me they woundn't like some of the easy money they should be able to pickup like at the grand. Heck and extra 100 thou. just for mabye shooting 150 straight at the 27yd should be a pice of cake for these stars. Paul

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

funny gun fitter, I've seen hundreds of SC shooters wander over to a trap field and can't hit their IQ.. complaining about fast pulls, low targets, high targets..

12. wingmaster78

wingmaster78 Active Member

Yhey would have to be 14 or so to win the $100,000!

13. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I can give you at least 10 that I know of.

Ask Ray Stafford how he likes shooting against a Handicapped 1/2 of a hand shooter like John Kruger.

The dumb ass factor is astounding. The sports aren't really compatible. Trap shooters can't seem to shoot sporting and Sporting shooters feel that trap takes too much away from their game for them to shoot it a lot.

John Sobolak went to the grand I think it was around 2004 and he won around $4000 from a few handicap events.
    John was a Sporting All American for the first five years in a row that their were Sporting All Americans; He also won the first Masters Cup. I think John was a trap doubles Champion for the state of Delaware.

Gary Phillips the 1990 world sporting clays champion shoots strait scores in singles most of the times that he shoots 16 yrd trap. Gary has shot 8 or more 100's in sporting competition as well. Gary has won a few sporting events I would guess over 50 including the US nationals where his score was HOA but since he was an international shooter he got $500 and no recognition for the best score. Gary used to shoot a few Flyers and has won a few some of them with Stafford or Kay in attendance well the Trap greats can't best him at two games.

Do you need me to expound on another 7 shooters.

FYI Harlan Campbell Jr has shot a few pigeon shoots as well. I was told of at least 1 where Gary Phillips was present and Phillip's shot more birds than Harlan but neither won.
    Joe

14. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

BigM- would you like to know how many trap shooters can't even shoot sporting with a room temprature the first time. Enough to fill all the entries at the grand a few times!

Good shooters can become good at any shooting sport! Bad ones tend to go where they can post the highest number of hits. Isn't that why skeet was invented? LOL

The my sport is better than yours attitude is just stupid and bad for Shotgunning in general.

It's tantamount to bigotry or certainly unfounded prejudice.
    Open your eyes! what's good for any shotgun sport benifits all shotgun sports.
    The more shooters shooting at targets and expending shells helps to promote more industry involvement.

Joe

15. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

First deployment of the meter this year.

Enjoy!

FRedmon

16. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

The shockwave generated by the throwing arm echos back off of the traphouse wall and markedly slows the exit of target on hard rights. Most folks go ahead and take a shot at them anyway. The sophisticates, however, are able to anticipate the delay and adjust acordingly. Since this is a known phenomenon, turning down the delayed bird is an accepted practice at high-class clubs.;-)

17. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Before you make too many stupid statements about sporting clays shooters not being able to shoot trap, you should research Kaye Ohye's attempt to shoot a national sporting clays championship event in 2006.......he was in class A, two classes below Master class & he finished around 125th in his class. Different targets, different methods, different skills.....one is not "harder" or "easier" than the other........it's all about breaking Clay!

18. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Atleast hunter44 gets it.

19. Cooter

Cooter Member

grnberetcj has it right,bunch of skeeter rejects.

20. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

gun fitter

Sir,

The BS Meter was not for you and intended for the nature of the thread.

However I am not thrilled by your 2 PM's and I am thinking about posting them for all to enjoy just like the BS Meter.

Have a great day and hope you enjoyed your Church service today..

FRedmon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.