1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for the K80 experts

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tasos, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tasos

tasos Member

Is the flat rib barrel the same as the step rib barrel on a sporting o/u barrel? Do they both shoot 50/50? I am talking about the top barrel I know the bottom barrel is adjusted by the hanger. Is the low rib the same height as the step rib?I am looking to get a 32" step rib sporting barrel ,and was wondering if the beads will line up the same as my low rib, I do not have an adjustable comb.I hope i am making sense. Thanks Tasos.

2. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

If site picture is the end result of this question..than yes. Step rib barrel installed on gun set, site picture is the same as flat tappered sporting barrel installed on same gun set...for me.
    I am talking about fixed rib barrel installation...not adjustable barrels and High rib adjustables.
    The difference between those two barrel ribs is that on sporting barrel rib , the rib falls from rib height to meet the receiver height just forward the reciever..as were the step rib is flat and at reciever height until step in rib.
    Good Luck and Shoot Well..Shoot Often with Family and or Good Friends,and Enjoy as K-Guns are some of the Best Fun you can have with Clothes on. Bart

Ps. Not Expert...Just Proud Owner of more than One..for Many Years

3. tasos

tasos Member

Thank you Bart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

k80 top barrel shoots low