1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question<----For Stock Maker

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Easystreet, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

If I understand what you are saying, then it sounds to me like the comb needs to be lower and have more cast off in order to fit you.

Easystreet

2. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Comb movement, in addition to changing the relative position of the eye to the rib, also changes how the cheek makes contact with the comb, which has an independent affect on the relative position of the eye to the rib.

Rollin

3. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

>>>"Thats what I am thinking Easystreet... Its just that I keeping moving the comb right but when I do.. I have to raise it and I am right beck to where I was..."<<<

That's the problem. The gun doesn't have a large enough range of adjustment to fit you. Keep in mind that the comb is curved. It's not a square block of wood. Therefore, when you move it to the right, you are not only moving the point where your cheek contacts the comb to the right, but you are also lowering the point of contact which lowers your sight picture.

Then, when you raise the comb to give you a higher sight picture like you want, the point of contact with your cheek not only raises but also moves back to the left.

To get the fit that you want, it sounds to me like the cut for the comb will have to be made a little deeper. That way, you can move the comb to the right and raise it slightly without it being too high to suit you.

Or, of course, you could do a little wood removal on the left side of the comb, but that would require refinishing of the comb and may not look very good.

P.S. I'm assuming that when the comb is all the way to the right and as low as it will go, your cheek is still contacting the comb and not the wood beneath the comb???

Easystreet

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Drew, what gun are you having this problem with? did your K-80 you sold on here give you the same problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.