1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for Spolar Owners...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by eric, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

The Spolar, with the shovel handle, is not at all a difficult movement. I have had MEC as well as PW and the Spolar is the easiest of the lot in my opinion. Also, once you have the loader, the hydraulics show up from time to time at good prices.

Good luck!

Eric

2. Ted

Ted TS Member

You can also operate a spolar with your left arm. The handle operates from either side. But, buy the hydraulic! Ted TenBroeck

3. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

The Spolar is a slick machine .You will be fine....Don Spolar #1098

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I find the Spolar so easy and slick by hand in comparison to the PW. I did finally hook up hydraulics, only because I had bought it with the machine, I didn't really feel a need for it. The hydraulics removes all feel for how something is feeding or working. Good luck, Bob

5. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

Barry, if you got yours from Don, I got cheated. I didn't get a fancy piece of wood like that for mine. I just got a plain jane one.

6. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Another beauty of the Spolar, you pull the pin at the rear of the primer tray to remove the cover and load up. If you look at the picture of Barry's, you'll see the pin/hinge at the back. I load from the seated position with the handle on the right side. I end up bringing my left hand over to help the right at "compression" part of the stroke. I'm sure if I was standing this wouldn't be necessary. But I'm lazy and have a right shoulder with a rotator cuff that is mush.

Hal Hitchcock

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

No they're not! It's just an opportunity for them/us to brag about our Spolar's.LOL. At least I'm smart enough not to post a picture of my loading room. I thought that was going to get cleaned up this winter. Shoot well and have fun while we can, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.