1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for Shooting Coach

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Bill Hom, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I have a Browning BSS 12ga. this gun double taps sometimes. I need to get it fixed. Since you used to do warranty work for Browning, can you tell me who to send to for repair ? My e-mail is listed above, my phone # 530-342-4147 Thank you in advance. Bill Hom

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Before sending the gun out, change the selector and fire the other barrel first. If it does not double, you have a problem. If it does, let some one else shoot it. If it does not double on them, you are fan firing. Not holding the gun tightly enough can cause this. If it doubles with other shooters, then you have a problem.

Doug Braker, AKA Gun Dr can probably help. I know of several folks, but Doug frequents this site and has a good reputation among TS.COM folks. These guns are long out of production. This was one of Browning's dumber moves.

I saw his post on the "Long Browning Firing Pins". PM him and see if he can help.

3. Bill Hom

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Thank you . The gun is not doubling, I beleive that it is fanning and only does this when firing the right barrel first. This started after gun was reblued. after reblue it would not fire the second ( left ) barrel. I sent it back to gunshop. Two weeks later, I got it back, suposedly fixed. A couple of weeks later I went shooting and found this problem. tried to contack shop only to find them out of business. Do you have the e-mail address for Doug Braker

Bill Hom

4. coot sluicer

coot sluicer Member

0   0   0

Bill, Doug Braker's web site is...
    http://dougsgunsmithshop.com/index.cfm/pageid/1

5. Bill Hom

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

coot sluicer -- Thank you

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Dear Bill

I sent Doug a PM for you.

7. Bill Hom

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I will most likely be sending to Doug Braker for repair. THANK YOU ALL and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS

Bill Hom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.