1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question For Remington 1100 Experts

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tea sipper, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tea sipper

tea sipper TS Member

I shoot skeet (yes I know -- bad thing to admit on this site) with an older standard weight 20 ga. 1100. The receiver has external damage so I'm wondering if I can convert an 1100 12 ga. that I also have into a 20 ga. using the parts from the standard weight 20 since they are both made on a 12 ga. frame. The 20 ga. barrel will slide into the receiver and the wood will swap OK but I'm wondering what else needs to be changed. I figure for sure the bolt and maybe the trigger assy -- anybody know what else? ........ or will this just flat out not work. Thanks.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You can't just swap the bolts. You will have to use the entire action assembly from the 20 gauge gun. Compare the trigger assemblies to see if the followers are the same width. If the 20 ga. trigger has a narrower follower then swap trigger assemblies. See if a round will stay in the magazine. If it does you are good to go. If it won't stay then you might have to alter the magazine latch. HMB

3. tea sipper

tea sipper TS Member

Thanks for all the comments. Barrel fits onto the mag tube just fine. After further examination of the inside of the receiver, it appears that the mag tube follower diameter is smaller on the standard 20 ga. Even though mag tubes are the same diameter, there is a smaller diameter shoulder that the tube bottoms out against on the 20 ga. Seems like a shell in the magazine may slip past even after swapping parts to the 12 ga. receiver. Guess I'll just have to see. Maybe it will need some sort of sleeve in the mag tube to work.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Exactly what kind of damage has been done to the outside of the receiver?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.