1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for PerazziBigBore

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JGS, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JGS

JGS Member

PerazziBigBore, A quick question: I understand that sporting clays guns are usually set up to shoot reasonably flat. Can a 3 step rib, like the rib on the MX 2000/3, be set up for a higher POI that would be more suitable for trapshooting? Thanks for your thoughts and passing along your experience. JGS

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The question is how high is high?? when the rib is flat it shoots 50/50 next notch is about 60/40 and last is 70/30.. Then you can start adjusting your comb to get even higher.. but you'll see some daylight between the beads..

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

In addition to what PBB said, the POI is determinate by the comb of your stock, not the rib.

The adj. rib is for you to stack the beads after you adj. the comb. If you don't mind how you see the rib, the 3 notch adj. rib is not going to stop you from shooting higher than 70/30.

I have pigeon guns with high stocks that I can see 1/2" rib (fixed) between beads. The bottom barrel shoots 12" high @30 yard.

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Steve, on a tetter-totter rib like Perazzi uses, the effects are additive. You can adjust your POI by only adjusting the rib, because the bead does move up and down with the adjustment. You can adjust by only changing the comb. You can adjust by changing both at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.