1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

question for old fowler

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dbcook, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i was told to ask you about a mono gun i purchased recently. it is beautifully engraved with gold inlays on each side gold dog,s head with bird in mouth in gold on the bottom of receiver.serial number 127 is gold originally a 2 barrel 2 trigger set. i never received the pull trigger. i was told this gun may have belonged to you. if so do you still have the pull trigger? & if so would you sell it? thanks dwain

2. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

thanks pat.i could ask nadine ljutic again. i know that the gun went to a man that run a tire company in mich. if i cn,t find out more here i will ask her again. she has the records. i can tell you for sure though that this gun was spared no expense.it is absolutely beautiful thanks dwain

3. Old Fowler

Old Fowler TS Member

Dwain:

Sorry I don't have a pull trigger.

I agree that your best bet is to call Nadine. She has all the records indicating original owner and gun's configuration, all maintenance events and, most of the time, all subsequent owner's names.

Nadine is a great lady and, even though she's very busy, is always willing to spend as much time as is needed to answer any of your questions. Matter of fact, she called me last Sunday; seems she went in to the office to try to catch up on some invoicing and had a question about a recent trigger transaction of mine.

I think Pat's second response may be correct. (BTW Pat, thanks for responding on my behalf!) Last time I saw Bill shooting his very custom Ljutic, it had finger grooves in the forearm. Since that forearm only fit him, it's probably long gone by now.

As a sidebar, if you haven't already done so, be sure to check for any abnormal barrel to receiver movement, vertical or horizontal, and also mic the chamber and check for any bulging of brass on your shells. Those old type I mono guns (mine was built in 1974 and yours is older than mine) may require a new hinge pin and a chamber bushing after years of heavy shooting. Also would suggest you purchase a spare parts kit which typically includes trigger springs and pins, inertia lock spring, firing pin and a spare hammer. I finally broke a firing pin last winter so it came in handy. Even though I may not need one for another 33 years, I ordered 2 new firing pins the next day. (LOL)

Congratulations, sounds like you found a great old Ljutic.

Cliff

4. MX3SBOY

MX3SBOY TS Member

5. MX3SBOY

MX3SBOY TS Member

6. MX3SBOY

MX3SBOY TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.