Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Question for Neil Winston

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BigM-Perazzi 
#1 ·
Mike -

Not trying to speak for Neil, but the target you shot last calendar year in Oct are still for this target year. The 2008 target year started September 1.

I can't find my old Grand programs, but I believe it used to be 2000 targets, of which 1000 had to be in the current target year. I think all they did was eliminate the need for 1000 additional targets to allow new shooters to meet the requirements. Going from memory though . . .

Scott

#2 ·
If you have only shot 400 targets, what difference does it make what class you shoot in? If you actually think you can win in a lower class with only 400 targets, you should be shooting penalty.

#4 ·
I deleted my message. Did not mean to offend anyone. I am not a sandbagger. Just wanted to know what the rule was on targets.

fyi last year I shot 1500 16;s avg 92 1500 caps avg 84 1800 double avg 88. My handicap is 23.5 yds. The reason I shot this much is I went to my state shoot and shot 1100 or 1200 targets. (big mistake on my part got wore out) That was the most I have shot in a year, ever. Any way this year I though I might go to the grand for a day or two. Just wanted to shoot in my classes not penalty. Everyone wants to feel like they have a chance. Thus I will get my 1000 targets in before the grand so I don't shoot penalty. Just did not want to spend the money if I did not have too. I had planned to go to a few shoots before the grand so I would have had about 700 targets.
mike t

#5 ·
Mike, the rule book is somewhere online at the ATA site. I know you were hoping Neil would pop in and answer, but, I'd suggest looking the new one over a bit before I'd rely too heavily on our input... We generally don't read it as often as necessary either!. Also, if you shoot the preliminary events they will go towards your grand minimums for the championship meet... (as I recall reading)...

JC

<a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank">
</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.