1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?Question for Model 12 Guys ??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jawhawker, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

steve, you have been informed with regards to your question above, so if your in the market to sell send me an email with price.

Martin Wilbur

2. locdoc

locdoc Member

24str8,

Would a 16 ga. marked SKEET be in that group of 5 ?

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

3. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

This was ammo for a fairly rare Model 12. Last one I saw was at Lolo Sporting Goods in Lewiston, ID.

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

16, 20, 28 use the same receiver. The bolt , carrier ,lifter as well as the chamber ring and barrel ae different. If you are having all the work done and parts are available the 28 would be worth more. Check with Simmons. Jeff

5. kirbythegunsmith

kirbythegunsmith Member

OK, now. Who here has seen a real .410 Model 12 Winchester?

I saw one (s.n. 8?) at the Tulsa gun show many years ago. What a sight. Evidently a factory experiment on a 12 ga. frame. Had a very large chamber slimming down to the normal .410 size past the magazine band.

The display also had stainless Model 12 and other rare examples. Truly a unique collection owned by someone with enough pride to show them to the world.

I have seen and repaired collector-grade solid rib 16's, parts bin genuine 28 ga., rebuilt plenty of worn shooters, improved many with minor to major issues- ever have a feed condition on the second skeet bird where the shell tries to hit the port instead of enter the chamber, or fails to slide through the crimped end of the 28 mag. tube properly onto the carrier?

Don't expect me to do refinish work- I let Art's Gun and Sport do what he has done many years. I specialize in mechanical and barrel repairs & improvements.

Kirby

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Which is rarer the 16 ga skeet or a milled rib trap marked skeet?

7. tburrey

tburrey Member

I have a rather usual Model 12 16 gauge that is not marked skeet but it has I believe a 26 inch barrel and the choke is WS2. I'm not sure the wood is original and it has been reblued but the numbers match and I've been told the WS2 choke was extremely rare on Model 12's let alone a 16 gauge. It is a plain barrel with no rib. I bought it 27 years ago to hunt quail with and it has done well on birds. Tom

8. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

9. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

the ws 2 is the rarest choke on winchesters. i think a milled rib gun choked imp-mod is the next rarest but i could be wrong. dwain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.