1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for manual Spolar owners...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 8 Straight, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8 Straight

8 Straight Active Member

I have a manually operated Spolar on order, due for delivery in 4-5 weeks. My question is, with my being 5' 9" tall, what is a good height for the bench to be to mount it on. The operating handle is down lower than on my MEC 9000, and that bench is 3'. I would like to get it right the first time, and not have to go through a series of leg shortenings (the bench, not mine) that would make the Three Stooges proud.

2. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Can't be sure but can tell you about my setup. I'm 6'3" and have a Craftsman metal table with a wood core top that is their standard height. If I had to guess, I'd say 36". When I am home, I can measure the table height a little later and tell you. Anyway, that setup is fine for me.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

3. plux001

plux001 Member

The factory table is 34". I mounted the factory table on 2x8's to stabilize the legs, so my tabletop is actually 35.5" off the floor. I'm six foot tall and it works well for me.

Paul

4. Lou Tenant

Lou Tenant Active Member

I'm 6'0 and my wife is 5'6. Our table top is 36" . Both of us use the loader without any issues other than I wish she would load as many shells as she shoots. I guess I'm lucky she loads any..... You'll love that loader.

5. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

My Craftsman table is 36-37 high at the top of the tabletop. Works fine for me.

BTW, welcome to the Spolar Owners Club. You will love it.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

So if you're 4'6" is counter height different than if your 6'2"? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.