1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for K-80 Trap Special shooters.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by snowbird, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Guys.

I am shooting my TS. good at handicap and singles and very poorly at doubles. I tried several barrel hangers with very little results, I tried a number one hanger, a number 5 and I have a num. 3 in it now. What hanger are you guys using? Which hanger makes both barrels shoot the same height?

I have 32" barrels and they feel a bit heavy I wish I had 30's.

Thanks.

Terry.

2. Jerry Parr

Jerry Parr Member

I found the K80TS a little 'nose heavy' out of the box. I put a RADII and 10oz of stick on wheel weights under the comb. This additional weight to the rear brought the gun to life, being much more responsive, and even less recoil. When my McCarthy Stock Lock was finished it was mounted with near identical weight distribution due to the internal mechanism weight. I use the #3 hanger which gives me a little higher shooting lower barrel. This works nicely to cancel out the more acute vertical rise of the first shot in doubles. .015 and .030 titaniums and your good to go! Shoot well.....Jerry

3. LI

LI TS Member

I also found the 32" bbls. a bit heavy; I have arthritis pretty bad in my shoulders so my solution was to go to 30" ones. They seem to shoot the same as the 32's but are way more responsive, both had #4 hangers. I have considered going to a higher shooting hanger as Jerry did for the first bird of doubles and will try that shortly. My TS is a top single and with the 30" bbls now feels great. Larry

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

"Whack" the bbls on a tree like Stafford does to a Perazzi.

5. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi guys.

Thanks for the info. I shot the K-80 O/U barrels a lot on a pattern board tonight. The bottom barrel is hitting about 90/10 and the top barrel was just a bit flatter at about 80/20.

I shot several patterns with MX-3 that I shot well at doubles to make sure I was setting the K-80 as close to it as possible. The MX-3 was hitting about 80/20 on both barrels. The 3 hanger is as close to what I was shooting before as I have found so far.

Thanks.

Terry.

6. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Carl.

Thanks for the number 2 hanger info and good to hear from you, Nancy says Hi.

Jim.

If I do change to 30" I want to stay with the Trap Special barrels.

Thanks.

Terry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.