1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question For K-80 Owners?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

This is not a bashing or fishing thread. Please don't start that. I have a few simple questions for K-80 owners.....have you ever broke a firing pin? Do they replace the firing pins @ annual service? How do you like their 32" o/u barrels for doubles?

Thanks for honest response!

2. bigben

bigben Active Member

Yes I have, my K-80 would still fire fine if I would tip it slightly up after firing, I sent the receiver to Krieghoff, they replaced the pin, put new springs etc. the receiver came back as new with the package of old parts, top notch from the best in trapshooting! PS Blaser is also AAA!

3. Diamond Bruce

Diamond Bruce Member

Haven't had a broken firing pin or anything else. Prefer the 30" over the 32" for doubles.

4. JRW

JRW Member

Hi Matt; I broke a pin in 1 of my K32's never in my K80's. I am not having good luck with my 32" barrels for dbls but I have always shot 30". Jerry in MI.

5. JRW

JRW Member

Hi Matt; I broke a pin in 1 of my K32's never in my K80's. I am not having good luck with my 32" barrels for dbls but I have always shot 30". Jerry in MI.

6. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

I have the K-80TS combo. I'm not in love with the 32"O/U bbls...seem heavy to me. I shoot the single for caps and singles and use my old MX-10 32" for doubles, which I like a lot.

7. sts1100

sts1100 Member

Been shooting my K-80 since 1994, with no issue with any parts. I shoot 32" barrels with Briley chokes, they are more responsive to me than factory choked barrels. 34" unsingle is full choke, no tubes. My bzrrels are the step rib vintage, not the new trap special.

8. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

IMHO....my 32" TS barrels are too heavy for doubles, I'd much rather have them at 30"......they're a lot of metal to get moving. I actually like 28" best for doubles, but that's not the bling these days.

Most shooters would be a lot better off with barrels that they could handle instead of keeping up with what someone else does.

Y'all could use a lot less shot if ya used a faster gun.......that should draw some thought.....hahahahahahaha

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Most people watch big boys shoot 32s

But

32s are too long and bulky unless you are shooting 1000 rounds per week

Regards from Iowa

Gene

10. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Matt...I have not had any problems with mine. If you come up to the Eastern Zone Shoot in July, I will let you shoot mine.

Vern

11. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Been shooting k-80 since the mid 1980's and only thing ever broke was an ejector and it happened during the Pa state shoot. Allems had it repaired between rounds. A small piece was jammed in the fore arm iron and I could not close the gun.

Doubles > I have both 30 and 32" barrels and shoot better scores with the 32". I really can't feel any difference when shooting them,but scores are higher buy 2 to 3 targets almost every time. No after market work on either barrel,except the 32's are factory choke tubes.

12. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

I have a k-80 that I shot a lot for 10yrs. The only thing that broke was a ejector and had one cocking rod replaced from wear. I did have it serviced every year.

13. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Thanks for all the input so far.

14. K-80BUD

K-80BUD TS Member

I have replaced a firing pin and spring myself. Pin wasn't broken, but a little short and spring was maybe a little weak. I like the balance of 30" bbls better than 32" bbls. Bud Wood

15. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

We shoot the shells that are the byproduct of setting our reloaders up to customer’s recipes. Carter had broken a lot of firing pins on his K-80. When he took it for annuals, they always told him the same thing, a Cheddite primer, which is odd, European gun, European primers you would think. On my Perazzi, the firing pin often pierces Cheddite primers, same thing, European gun, European primers

16. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

We shoot the shells that are the byproduct of setting our reloaders up to customer’s recipes. Carter had broken a lot of firing pins on his K-80. When he took it for annuals, Krieghoff always told him the same thing, Cheddite primers, which is odd, European gun, European primers you would think? On my Perazzi, the firing pin often pierces Cheddite primers, same thing, European gun, European primers? Shouldn't be a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.