1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for eye-Doc

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by quicky, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quicky

quicky Member

In wondering on where to focus prior to calling for a target I have performed a real simple experiment (for me, the simple minded, it is important to keep things simple). When driving and seeing a high-towered radio signal repeater I noticed 2 lights blinking; one at the top and one mid-way down the tower. The tower was 2 to 3 miles distant. I found that if I focused on the blinking light at the top of the tower my periphal vision also saw the light at the midpoint blink. If I focused at the midpoint light my periphal vision did not see the light at the top blink.

My simple mind asked a couple questions: Am I weird? (Is this typical of others' experiences?). If this is normal for eyes, does it give clues about where we are better off directing pre-target vision? If you're out driving and have wondered the same thing you might try this and let me know. (Be careful with some of the comments, I am pretty sensitive).

Anyway, something to think about. I would like to know if this is normal. In my most recent eye exam all my periphal vision tested normally so that shouldn't be a major concern for this post at any rate. Good shooting, KQ

2. Lawman214

Lawman214 TS Member

Good question, and something to think about. But, for me, when I'm driving I usually try to focus on the road! (Sorry...couldn't resist that one!).

3. quicky

quicky Member

I sometimes watch the road as well, but the roads here in the west are pretty wide open. When I don't have a book propped in front of me on the steering wheel I sometimes glance at the road!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.