1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for Dr. Gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bill Hom, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a Browning BSS 12ga. with a trigger fanning problem. Shooting Coach suggested that I contact you. My e-mail is listed above. My phone # 530-342-4147 I am in California. Thank you

Bill Hom

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I think you mean Gun Dr.

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

What is trigger fanning?

5. Bill Hom

Hitapair -- You are right, I goofed

Chango -- It was explained to me as what happens on a sxs when you don't release the trigger far enough between shots that the second fires, almost like doubling. Anyway both barrels fire and it kicks like hell.

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

The original use of an inertia block was to prevent this. A clean and undamaged sear and hammer notch are also important. I suspect that the Gun Dr. could look at the hammers and sear and fix the problem quickly.

If it were my gun, I would try two or three different things and see if they worked. If they didn't, I would then send it to Gun Dr. He could fix the original problem and the other things I messed up trying to fix the first problem.

Pat Ireland

7. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Pat,

It sounds like you and I should form a partnership and go into the gun repair business. After reading some of your comments on your threads I think we operate a lot alike(and that's not good.) LOL

Jerry Walker

8. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Bill,

An email has been sent.

Doug

9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I did mention to Bill that at times, some shooters (a very few) do have problems with the faster mechanical triggers, like the Krieghoffs and Kolars. Those shooters tend to be trigger "squeezers" and not puller/slappers.

A trigger squeezer never gets enough pressure on the trigger to keep it in the rearward position long enough through the recoil movement.

Doug

Edit--I just read the original post to the Coach. I see the gun was previously work on. Could be a trigger problem right there--DB

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear Doug

I thought you would catch that. How many times have we heard "I cleaned my gun (or had it worked on) and now it is not right"? LOL

Hopefully, a quick inexpensive fix.

11. Bill Hom

I will be sending gun to Doug Braker for repairs. Thank you all again and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS

Bill Hom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.