1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for Delaware Shooters....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by David J Comroe, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David J Comroe

David J Comroe Active Member

Today I was a mile or so south of Dover Air Force Base (I can't remember if I was on Rt 1 or 113 at that particular moment) and came across 'Trapshooters Rd'. Well, being a trapshooter, I couldn't resist driving down 'Trapshooters Rd'. I came across what looked to be a clubhouse and a bunch of trapfields that didn't look like they had been used in a few years. The place looked a little rundown and overgrown with grass.

What club is this? Can anyone shed some light on the history of it?

2. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

The story I heard was that the club was closed because of the lead shot falling in wetlands, shortly after the ban on using lead shot for water fowl went into effect.

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Dave, That club was called Silver Lake gun club. Thats where the Delaware state shoot was held, and when a fishing boat came up the canal you had to stop shooting until it passed. The no-see-ims (bugs) were terrible down that way.

George

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.