1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for chemist

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chemist, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chemist

chemist Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Hi Alan- just came back from trap shooting and am getting used to the rib. I have a combo BT99 and had the Keen rib put on the IM barrel. It is a 3/8" solid aluminum square rib, Brownell front sight(white) and a small mid bead which I made by putting a 1/8" gold bead head from fly tying over the bead Keen installed- both have 356 threads. I inletted the underside of the Keen rib so I did not have to remove my beads- I was afraid they would break off- Vicki inletted the mid bead perfectly but when I sent the balsa template I did not take out enough of the wood( my fault). I tried a couple of balso ribs I made by buying wood from a craft store and painting them black. Used a brass .17 caliber pellet as front bead that I heat glued on and same with the 1/8" fly tying bead- the 3/8 inch worked great- won the ham shoot- everyone laughed but it worked - Vicki did a great job at a very fair price ($162.shipped)and I can remove the rib easily- gluing it on with silicon requires that you use enough but not too much and let it set up well before removing any that squeezes out- I had to push my face into the stock to get a flat rib sight picture and it hurt after a few rounds-even with the Gracoil I have installed- now no pain- and a great sight picture- I am not a competitive shooter but average 22-23. Club shooters have let me shoot their K80, Seitz and other high $$$guns- made little difference-I have always used Belgium Brownings and have several and I like the BT99 and feel I paid a fair price for thye gun-email me if need more info.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.