1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

QUESTION FOR CALIFORNIAN GUN DEALERS

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by decimamas 54, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

I will be in California the 1st of October and I would like to buy a Perazzi there. I'm an American citizen but I'm not resident in the USA.
    The question is: how can I buy a shootgun there? Is it true that if the gun is give to me as an infrequent gift I don't have to wait ten days?
    Thank you for your help.

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

0   0   0

You must wait 10 days on ANY firearms transfer in California. You must also show proof of citizenship to the transferring licensee.

AndyH ;-)

3. mike b.

mike b. Member

0   0   0

I believe you must also be a California resident. You can have the gun shipped to a FFL in another state, but as you mentioned you don't reside in another state or this country. Now you are dealing with gun laws between countries....of which I am unsure of the laws.

4. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

0   0   0

You only need to be a CA resident to purchase a handgun.

AndyH ;-)

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

Marcello,

On CA DOJ's DROS (Dealer's Record Of Sale) form, you have to list your full California resident address, and show government issued ID (CA Driver license or CA ID card) plus two forms of proof of residency under your name (utility bills, vehicle registration, etc.) in order to pass the CA DOJ back ground check.

Any modem firearm legally sold or transfered in California needs to go through DOJ DROS, with the exception of between legal grand parents, parents & children; between legal spouse, who are not prohibited from owning firearms under the law. So, your parents, grandparents, or your daughter can give you a Perazzi without doing CA DROS, or wait 10 days.

6. mike b.

mike b. Member

0   0   0

Here's the info from the Ca. DOJ website:

What is the process for purchasing a firearm in California?

All firearms purchases and transfers, including private party transactions and sales at gun shows, must be made through a licensed dealer under the Dealer Record of Sale (DROS) process. California imposes a 10-day waiting period before a firearm can be released to a buyer or transferee. A person must be at least 18 years of age to purchase a rifle or shotgun. To buy a handgun, a person must be at least 21 years of age, and either 1) possess an HSC plus successfully complete a safety demonstration with the handgun being purchased or 2) qualify for an HSC exemption.

As part of the DROS process, the buyer must present "clear evidence of identity and age" which is defined as a valid, non-expired California Driver's License or Identification Card issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles. A military identification accompanied by permanent duty station orders indicating a posting in California is also acceptable.

If the buyer is not a U.S. Citizen, then he or she is required to demonstrate that he or she is legally within the United States by providing to the firearms dealer with documentation that contains his/her Alien Registration Number or I-94 Number.

Purchasers of handguns are also required to provide proof of California residency, such as a utility bill, residential lease, property deed, or government-issued identification (other than a drivers license or other DMV-issued identification).

(PC Section 12071)

7. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

0   0   0

I thought that is precisely what my posts summarized.

AndyH :-|

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Boy I wish I lived in California.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.