1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for Caesar Guerini Owners

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalvinMD, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Howdy ..just curious if any CG owner out there has any experience with the Kinetic Balancer unit thats sold by CG for installation in the buttstocks?
    Wanting to know: A) How well do they work?.. B) What is the total length of the unit? C) What material is the center shaft made of and can it be easily trimmed/shortened if I desire to use only two of the weights? My stock has been shortened for LOP and want to make sure before getting one if mods are necessary to make it fit that I can do it myself without ruining its intended function....thanks in advance! CalMD

2. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Calvin,
    Have one in my Impact that I use for doubles and sporting clays, The recoil reduction is subtle,don't notice it much until I removed the unit and then I could tell the difference, seems to work better on 2 quick shots then singles.

It is made of steel and anodized aluminum if I remember right, nicely ,machined piece, it is designed to be able to move the weights around on the shaft for balance and you can use 1,2 or all 3 weights. I found the most effect on recoil was with 3. I have the weights set to make the gun a little butt heavy which I prefer.

Shortened stocks could be a problem as it pretty much takes up the entire stock bolt hole, if the stock was shortened quit a bit like my Summit trap was for a Gracoil it will not fit. Might be best to call Guerini and ask them what could be done if anything to make it fit. On my trap gun I noticed more recoil reduction with the Gracoil.

All in all I like it in the Impact and have left it in the gun.

JohnR

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

You can cut the stock about 1/2" or so without shortening the unit, but after that, it will need to be cut down. The shaft is stainless and I use a tubing cutter and that works very well. After the unit is shortened, the head of the unit will need to be re-inletted at the butt, not a big deal.

Jb

4. scdoug

scdoug Member

Save your money ... spend it on something else you want ... couldn't perceive a bit of difference ... Doug

5. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

I have one and the device does work, but it is subtle. I would suggest it if you don't want to add the weight of a 'mercury-type' reducer.
    Mark T.

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Thanks Guys! My stock was cut but not sure how much by its first owner since I'm not familiar with its precut length..my stock is going to Joe to be trimmed even more for the addition of a Jones adjuster and to reduce the length a bit more...one other thing I was concerned about is the center rod moving rearward in the direction of the recoil pad and interfering with the new Jones adjusters slide plate movement within its adjustment range slot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

guernini impact recoil