1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for BT-99 Experts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jm1079, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

I shot my older model BT-99 today for the first time in a couple of years and was puzzled by the fact the ejector would function only on every other shot. It would eject on the first shot and on the second it will only extract. If I close it again and pull the trigger on the empty, then the gun would eject that hull. Any info will be highly appreciated. JM

2. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Winchester AAs. jm

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

If it ehects at all, that's good. It's highly unlikely anything is broken. Sometimes the ejector trip rods become a little sloppy..fore and aft.

Your best bet is to pop the stock off and take a peek at the insides. The ejector trip rod must have a small bend in it. This prevents it from moving back into the receiver while cocking the gun.

A test you can try first is to point the gun directly at the floor and dry-fire it. The ejector should trip everytime...gravity holds it in place. Now point it straight at the ceiling or sky, dry fire it and open it...while still pointing up. As the gun opens and the hammer recocks, it possible for the trip rod to follow back into the receiver.

4. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Thanks to all of you for your nput. Will follow your afvice. jm

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have had success with the ejector trip rod needing to be re bent.

When the gun is fired, the trip rod's end sticks out of the receiver and fires the ejector.

The angle bend in the rod determines the OAL of the rod.

If it is not sticking out enough on firing, it will work erratically.

My solution was to put the trip rod in a vice and ever so gently squeeze the bend, making it a little shallower angle. this makes it effectively a little longer.

I have done this on 5 or 6 BT-99's and in each case the problem was solved.

Of course, previous notes here on dirt, binding etc are valid.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.