1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for Bruce Specht

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Wild Bill JP50, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wild Bill JP50

Wild Bill JP50 TS Member

Bruce, I read your response to the post about nitrogen in tires and you mentioned something about tire pressure. It seems you may have knowledge of tires. I recently purchased two new 20.5 x 8 x 10 trailer tires that recommend 90 PSI max on the sidewall. The guy at the tire shop said he would not run 90 PSI in them. He said he would use 50 or 60 PSI. What do you say about this?
    Thanks, WBJP

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

WBJP,
    90 psi is a max pressure, Your run pressure should be determined by the weight load your carrying and or speeds you intend to travel at. Highway speeds and heavier loads will demand a higher pressuer. I would run them at 75 psi for no load and light loads. I would buy a spare tire and wheel to carry along small tires tend to loose the tread after extended high speeds. Highway speeds and heavy loads inflate the tire to 90 psi. Keep your face back from the sidewall area of the tire when inflating and buy and use one air gauge. If you have any other questions I'l do my best to help.
    Bruce

3. Wild Bill JP50

Wild Bill JP50 TS Member

Bruce, that's the beauty of this site. One person willing to share their experience to help another. The tires I asked about are on a Pontoon Boat Trailer. The boat and motor weight are listed at 1900 lbs combined. The tires are load range E which are rated at 1520 lbs per tire at max pressure.
    Thanks,WBJP

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Bill, Keep in mind the RPM's of the trailer tires vs your tow vehicles tires the heat is incrediable on the small trailer tires. If you are going to keep the rig long term you might consider new tires and wheels in a 13" diameter will run cooler and longer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bruce specht