1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for Bill Malcolm

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shotgunpeople, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

TTT,

Bill, Where are you???

Ooops, I'll bet he's at Hamilton today. Patiences Jackie he'll be on later.

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I just got home from Otter Valley. Hamilton had a registered shoot too, Dave but Otter Valley is much closer to home and our club shoots an inter club league with them. Nice shoot and fairly well attended ... no punch for me, but I believe Charlie Cadman got 1/2 a yard to move him back to the 26.5 yard mark. Thanks for thinking of me though Barbara.

Jackie, I thank you for your confidence in my knowledge, but there are lots of folks out there that know a lot more about Berettas than I do. Anyway, to answer your question. To the best of my knowledge ... the 686 is the "entry level" 680 series Beretta. I have one in 20 gauge and the wood on it is nothing to write home about. There are a couple of possibilities ... If it is a fairly new gun (less than 3 - 4 years old), it might have the "Xtra wood" that Beretta has available currently. The Xtra wood is a film that Beretta puts on the stock. It reminds me of Mac-tac, but looks like some of Gordy's beautiful stock blanks. Another possibility is that the dealer who originally sold it, ordered it from the factory with upgraded wood. I have seen that scenario many times on Joel Etchen's web site. Those would be my best guess, if the stock is the original factory stock that came with the gun. Bill Malcolm

3. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I assume we are talking about a Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon trap gun. Organizations like D.U. have had field guns made up with better wood. And if you call Joel Etchen he sells guns with up graded wood as well. I was going to respond earlier but the excitment of waiting to hear what my Kolar friend William Malcolm had to say intrigued me. His famous words " I've gone shooting"
    Feel very fortunate, pretty wood is a premium item in 2007.

Joe Woods/Ontario

4. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

I have a six year old 686 that came with beautiful wood, the best i've ever seen on a Beretta. Most of the original 686 pidgeon's came with shipping crate wood.

Jackie, you and I must have the exceptions............Bill..

5. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

One of the nice things about the 68x Berettas is that the stock and barrels are interchangeable, most times with little or no fitting.

So, another possiblity with dealers like Etchen and Cole, the wood may have been switched by them at when they were first purchased as new.

Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.