1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for AA or AAA doubles shooters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by philk, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philk

philk Member

Would like to hear some thoughts from good doubles shooters on guns set up with recoiling butstocks such as Browning Pluses, Softtouch, Clyde Slide, ect. Do they help or hinder doubles shooting ? I am changing from a Citori Plus to a Cynergy Combo and am trying to decide if I should set it up like that.

2. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

I broke all of my best doubles scores with a Browning Special Trap, no recoil device on it. I tried a Perazzi with a G2 on the back of it. The first few shots were different, but I quickly got used to it. I don't think it really helped (although I didn't shoot it much), but it didn't hurt, either. It all depends on what you are used to. Try it without, you might like less movement of the gun (I definately prefer that when shooting singles and caps), but if not, put a recoil reducing device on it.

3. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I like the Soft Touch for all of my shooting especially doubles.
    Don

4. ontarioshooter98

ontarioshooter98 TS Member

I think the change to the cynergy may be enough. I recently started shooting my cynergy from a 1981 citori and have already put up personal best numbers in less than 1000 doubles targets. I am not a AA or AAA shooter though.

Jake Rosmaninho

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I switched to a PFS last year. I don't notice the movement, and the lack of recoil is great. But, you still have to keep your head down on that second shot.

6. philk

philk Member

Jake, I shot the unsingle barrel for the first time last night and could not believe how soft shooting it was, not as much as my BT Plus but pretty close. Think I`m going to like this gun.

7. philk

philk Member

Keeping my head down was always a problem years ago, going to at least need an adjustable butt plate.

8. 27 YARDS

27 YARDS TS Member

I shot a 302 Beretta auto for ten years. Broke three hundreds with it. Then Got an MX3 Special combo and never looked back...I've been a AA doubles shooter for almost twenty years and have never used recoil devices for doubles. If you learn the techniques and foot position to shoot doubles, It won't matter. Find a gun that shoots where you look with both barrels same impact. You'll do much better, break more targets, have more fun...Just my thoughts...Bruce

9. ontarioshooter98

ontarioshooter98 TS Member

I think you will like it to Philk, good luck and shoot well.

Jake Rosmaninho

10. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Recoil devices and double release triggers don't mesh well for the second shot in doubles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.